NYCGRFF is based in New York City, USA
For 11 years, audiences have been embracing Greek cinema and it is gaining more supporters and followers.
After a steady and successful course, beginning this year, the New York City Greek Film Festival will broaden and expand its activities to include an international meeting platform which welcomes cinematographers from around the world.
Its actions include:
- Presentation of Greek films with audience awards.
- From 2019 International Competition Section.
- Tributes and presentation of Greek films of all time.
- The context of its operation will include a variety of activities that will facilitate access of Greek and foreign filmmakers to the international market.
- The creation of opportunities for international cooperation between Greek and foreign filmmakers at a technical or artistic level.
- During the festival many parallel events will take place. These will include both training and cultural activities. Through these, Greek culture will be presented and promoted as well as world cinema culture.
- In the field of education, in collaboration with New York University, NYCGRFF will establish a scholarship for a talented young Greek filmmaker.
The purpose of the Festival is:
The presentation of Greek cinema to the New York audience.
Entertainment and education of the public on the occasion of cinematographic art, with screenings of films, organization of artistic events of all arts, seminars and discussions.
The organization of a non-competitive Greek Cinema festival with fiction, feature, short and documentary works. It will be awarded an audience award (by vote), cash prizes in all three items.
Creating and presenting tributes to cinema creators, artists – actors – musicians – costumers – critics – technicians – script writers and their work. Seminars and open discussions between artists and audiences.
1. The communication of Greek cinema to international and Greek audiences, the education and entertainment of the public.
2. The communication of Greek Culture in the city of New York, but also in other states of the USA, in any part of the world, through cultural and educational activities, either in the time frame of the films or at regular intervals throughout the year. Either alone or in cooperation with another cultural entity.
3. The organization and development of all cinematic art activities in Greece and abroad, working with artistic and other actors in Greece, New York and abroad. To carry out either on his own or in collaboration with third parties, the recording and reproduction of all kinds of events in sound and image as well as in the publication of books, magazines and publications.
RESOURCES OF THE FESTIVAL
Annual Regular Grant from Institutions, Private Sponsors, Revenue from Tickets from Electronic Advertising or any other form.
In cooperation with Hellenic American Chamber of Commerce (HACC).
In cooperation with Hellenic American Cultural Foundation (HACF).